The season of sniffles and coughs is upon us! Getting a cold or the flu can be overwhelming and frustrating, especially when we have busy lives with time demands. Fortunately, there are many herbs and natural remedies which can help your body both fight off and recover from illness, as well as relieve some of the more unpleasant symptoms.
While these are not “miracle cures,” they support our immune system rather than suppressing it (which is what traditional medications do). This makes our bodies stronger and more resilient against future infections.
In this workshop we will cover:
- What foods and herbs can prevent a cold by supporting a healthy immune system (not suppressing it!).
- The best remedies to take if you feel a cold taking hold, so you can stop a cold or flu it in its tracks.
- How to pinpoint and accurately treat the many types of coughs and congestion.
- How to soothe a sore throat.
- Fever management
- How to use the Art of Herbalism to choose the best herbs for the situation.
- Herbal medicine making demonstrations.
Participants will leave with:
- Herbal cold and flu chart to help guide you.
- 8 recipe cards for easy to make remedies.
- 1 – 125 ml jar of anise hyssop infused honey.
Location: The workshop will take place in central Ottawa, near Sandy Hill. The exact location will be sent upon registration.
Cost: $64 including all materials and samples. Register below:
Space is limited so please register soon! Don’t use Paypal? No problem – contact us for other payment options.
Intimidated about foraging edible and medicinal plants? Herbalist Corrie Rabbe will take you on a tour of easy to identify, common plants in the beautiful setting of Riverain Park. We will focus on easy ways to integrate these plants into your diet and simple herbal preparations. We will then have tea and further discuss some common plants and how to use them.
No walks are planned at this time. Want a private walk in you back yard? Contact us!