Love fermented foods but don’t have time to do it yourself? Do you want to add some probiotic rich foods to your diet to improve your health?
Sign up for our Fermented Foods CSA and let Radical Homestead do all the dirty work!
This subscription supplies nutrient-dense, probiotic food while building a supportive relationship between producer and consumer. We partner with local organic farms by sourcing their excess vegetables and making use of the local bounty! Not only does it support local growers, but it is affordable and makes eating highly nutritious food that much easier.
Why Fermented Food?
Fermented foods are among humanity’s oldest food preservation methods, but today these foods have regained popularity for their numerous health benefits. Fermentation imbues our foods with probiotics – beneficial bacteria – that has all sorts of reported health benefits including improved digestion and boosted immune function. In addition to the health benefits, fermented foods have complex and delicious flavor.
Our vision in starting a Fermented Foods CSA is to increase accessibility to and the diversity of cultured food in the National Capitol Region.
Products will reflect seasonally available food, herbs, and spices. If you have any food sensitivities, are vegan, or just don’t like certain veggies, just let us know. We are happy to tailor shares to your liking.
- 2 jars (1 litre ea) of fermented sauerkraut and/or kimchi.
- 1 jar (250 ml) of brine pickled vegetables such as dill carrots, spicy pickled turnips, or garlic green beans.
- 2-750 ml bottles of a fermented non-alcoholic beverages such as kombucha, water kefir, beet kvass, and ginger beer.
- 1 wildcard product. This might include fermented hot sauce, salsa, sourdough bread, or something else!
Frequency Options with Cost:
- Annual (monthly share – 1 box every month for a year) – $700
- Quarterly (1 share every three months, 4 shares total) – $250
- Seasonal (1 share for three consecutive months) – $200
Pickup dates will vary depending on when your first order is ready. Pick-up will be in the east end, near the Rideau Tennis Club (address will be given upon application).
How do I sign up?
Reserve your CSA by payment via PayPal, e-transfer, or via cheque. Please contact us to note any dietary requests or preferences.